Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Honor? I’ll take Paul over Huckabee

During the debate, Huckabee argued with Ron Paul saying that we should stay in Iraq for “Honor”. Consider the following scenario. My neighbor is angry with me because I park my car slightly on his property, which is killing his grass. My neighbor is right but what should I do? A. To save face, and honor, I should continue to argue with him, or B. I should make amends and move my car.
Huckabee would choose A and Ron Paul would choose B. Whom do you want as your next President?

Huckabee has thought processes here that are typical of the neo-con mentality. There is nothing “honorable” about killing 3,000 more American soldiers so we can stay in a country we had no business invading to begin with.

Honor can be defined as “comprising the reputation, self-perception or moral identity of an individual or group. With this definition in mind, I think I will choose Ron Paul’s non-interventionist type of foreign policy. Do not let this non-interventionist policy lead you to thinking he is a wussy. Ron Paul voted in Congress in favor of bombing al-Qaeda terrorist camps in Afghanistan.

Ron Paul would use negotiating skill and intellect to conduct a respectable foreign policy but the current administration would rather use might to invade 3rd world countries which pose no threat to our national security.

3 comments:

Doug said...

Next year we are to bring the soldiers home
For lack of money, and it is all right.
Places they guarded, or kept orderly,
Must guard themselves, and keep themselves orderly.
We want the money for ourselves at home
Instead of working. And this is all right.

It's hard to say who wanted it to happen,
But now it's been decided nobody minds.
The places are a long way off, not here,
which is all right, and from what we hear
The soldiers there only made trouble happen.
Next year we shall be easier in our minds.

Next year we shall be living in a country
That brought its soldiers home for lack of money.
That statues will be standing in the same
Tree-muffled squares, and look nearly the same.
Our children will not know it's a different country.
All we can hope to leave them is money.

- "Homage To a Government", Phillip Larkin

Parke said...

No matter what, Ron Paul is going to change the face of politics. Im afraid it will be to late.

Ron Paul has a real plan for the benefit of all Americans. Lets hope that Americans will study up and understand what he stands for instead of the smear stories they will hear in the next few months.

Hope for America is right. Our last hope is more like it.

John Smith said...

Your analogy here isn't all that clear. May I suggest another one?

I live in New York. My old college roommate now lives in Los Angeles. We both used to be on the football team and took delight in raising hell together.

On many occasions, we got drunk, destroyed property, were public nuisances, and beat up on any little sissies we could find.

Now we're married. I'm rich and wildly successful. He's turned into a wife-beating drunk.

Last month, my next-door neighbor deliberately shot me without obvious provocation (though he may have blamed me for sleeping with his wife several years ago.) I spent some time in the hospital recovering. He was never caught, charged, or prosecuted for his crime.

When I was released from the hospital, I became so despondent, I decided to drive to Los Angeles, lay seige to my old roommate's house, shoot his wife, allow two of his five kids to die of starvation, and tie _him_ up and leave him to the tender mercies of his two ravenous pit bulls.

Now his remaining teenage children hate me, but I intend to remain in siege, believing that I have the responsibility to secure their property against unwanted intruders.

I cannot understand why there are any people anywhere in the world who do not agree wholeheartedly with my position.